You can import demo content to make your site easier and faster. There’re two options to import Demo Content. You’ll find both options below:
Importing Demo Content Through the one-click demo import:
Before getting in touch with the importer, please ensure that you’ve installed and activated the necessary and recommended plugins.
- Navigate to Dashboard> Appearance > Import Demo Content.
- There you’ll find demo contents. Choose any one of the demo content you want to import and hit on the Import button.
- It will take a few times to import the demo contents depending on your server and internet connectivity.
- The demo import might take around 8-10 minutes to build.
If you observe the import is taking more than 8-10 minutes, then there’s might be a problem. So, you’ll need to learn about changing the max memory limit or 500 Internal Server Error. Learn about changing max memory limit or 500 Internal Server Error .
Importing Demo Content Through the WordPress Import Tools:
- To Import the sample data you would navigate to Tools->Import click on “WordPress” and follow the instructions!
- Choose “WordPress” from the list.
- Upload the demo content .xml using the form provided with theme package.
- You will be asked to map the authors in this export file to users on the blog. For an individual author, you would choose to map to an existing user on the blog or to create a new user.
- You will then have the opportunity to import attachments image and media, so hit on the “Download and import file attachments” box.
- Posts, Pages, product, and Menus are imported. You will require to select the menu a theme location & you’ll need to configure widgets. This is a lack of WordPress’s import system.
- After import the demo via WordPress tools, you have to select the static home and blog page.